Benton County Sheriff's Mounted Posse
The Sheriff's Mounted Posse is currently accepting applications for new members. If you have an interest in law enforcement, search and rescue, or would like to just support your community by volunteering, the Benton County Sheriff's Mounted Posse may be for you.
* Be a citizen of the United States
* Be at least 16 years of age
* Be free of any felony convictions
* Hold a valid Oregon drivers license and be free of major traffic violations/multiple accidents
* Ride, own or lease a horse and have a way to transport it
* Satisfactorily pass a background check
* Be of sound mind and judgment
* Be a member of the community
* Be available for rides and monthly business meetings
If you are interested in joining, you are welcome to attend one of our monthly business meetings to meet current members and learn more about us. Our business meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month, 6:00 - 7:00 pm, at the Law Enforcement Building. To apply, fill out this application form and return to 180 NW 5th St. or email to address below and we will contact you.
If you have any questions contact Lacey Duncan at 541-766-6045 or firstname.lastname@example.org